Corallia E-mail Disclaimer
The Unit Corallia of the Research Centre ATHENA (hereinafter ‘’Corallia’’) is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to it. As part of this fundamental obligation, Corallia is committed to the appropriate protection and use of personal information that has been collected online.
Generally, our intent is to collect only the personal information that is provided voluntarily by online visitors so that we can offer information and/or services to those individuals or offer information about employment opportunities. Please review this Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect your Personal Data that we have obtained.
1. Collection and use of personal information
1.1. What information we collect
We obtain personal information about you if you choose to provide it — for example, to contact mailboxes or to register for certain services. In some cases, you will have previously provided your personal information to Corallia.
When you register or submit personal information to Corallia we will use this information in the manner outlined in this privacy statement. Your personal information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your permission, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards.
In some cases where you have registered for certain services we will store your email address temporarily until we receive confirmation of the information you provided via an email (i.e. where we send an email to the email address provided as part of your registration to confirm a subscription request).
1.2 The legal grounds we have to use your personal information
Corallia generally collects only the personal information necessary to fulfil your request. Where additional, optional information is sought, you will be notified of this at the point of collection.
The Greek and European legislation allows us to process personal information, so long as we have a ground under the law to do so. It also requires us to tell you what those grounds are. As a result, when we process your personal information, we will rely on one of the following processing conditions:
- Performance of a contract: this is when the processing of your personal information is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract;
- Legal obligation: this is when we are required to process your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency;
- Legitimate interests: we will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, so long as it doesn’t outweigh your interests; or
- Your consent: in some cases, we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal information, and we will only process your personal information in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting CORALLIA at email@example.com
Corallia understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an online environment. In particular, our sites are not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 13. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13, except as part of an engagement to provide professional services.
2. Sharing and transfer of personal information
2.1 Transfers to third parties
We do not share personal information with third parties, except as necessary for our legitimate professional and business needs, to carry out your requests, and/or as required or permitted by law or professional standards.
- Our service providers: Corallia works with reputed partners, service providers or organizations that can process your personal data on our behalf. Corallia may transmit personal data to them only when they meet our high standards related to data and security. We only disclose personal information that allows them to provide their services.
Corallia will not transfer the personal information you provide to any third parties for their own direct marketing use.
In general, you are not required to submit any Personal Data to Corallia online, but we may require you to provide certain Personal Data in order for you to receive additional information about our services and events. Corallia may also ask for your permission for certain uses of your Personal Data, and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will try to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request.
4. Your rights
If Corallia processes personal information about you, you have the following rights:
- Access and correction: you have the right to access to that data. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you, we will provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If the information we hold about you is incorrect, you are entitled to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information.
- Object to processing: you have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting Corallia at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
5. Data security and integrity
Corallia has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite Corallia's best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your personal information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We also make reasonable efforts to retain personal information only for so long i) as the information is necessary to comply with an individual's request, ii) as necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, internal business or policy requirements, or iii) until that person asks that the information be deleted. The period for which data is retained will depend on the specific nature and circumstances under which the information was collected; however, subject to requirements of i)-iii) above, personal information will not be retained for more than 7 years.
6. Links to other sites
7. Changes to this statement
Corallia may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. When we make changes to this statement, we will revise the "updated" date at the top of this page. Any changes to the processing of personal information as described in this Privacy Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel, depending on how we normally communicate with you.
8. Policy questions and enforcement
Corallia is committed to protecting the online privacy of your personal information. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also use this address to communicate any concerns you may have regarding compliance with our Privacy Statement.
Kifissias Ave. 44, Monumental Plaza-Building C,
GR-15125 Maroussi, Athens, Greece
Sorou 12, GR-15125 Maroussi, Athens, Greece
Kastritsiou 4, GR-26504 Kastritsi, Patras, Greece