Acknowledging the power of clusters as an important framework for industrial development, Corallia's primary focus is placed on the advancement of the country's core competence from a model of "low cost labor" to a model of "added-value services", while adopting a knowledge economy orientation, Corallia has introduced a programme framework for the utilization of clusters, with the aim to promote Innovation Made in Greece and boost competitiveness.
The folowing milestones represent the course of establishment and operation of the first Hellenic Technology Clusters Initiative effort:
March: Completion of "Phase-0 Prepation Study / Mapping of Thematic Area" .
April: Microelectronics & Embedded Systems sector is selected by the Hellenic Ministry of Development, within the framework of the Operation Programme "Competitiveness" and under the auspecies of the General Secretariat for Research & Development, for the implementation of the Pilot Programme "Phase-1".
July: Announcement of the Pilot "Phase-1 Programme for Microelectronics Cluster Development".
January: Innauguration of the Microelectronics Innovation Center in Maroussi, Athens, Greece.
January: Memorandum of Understanding with the French Fondation Sophia Antipolis.
June: HTCI's cluster development model is recognised as a European best practice by DG Regio.
November: The first Career Day takes place at the Microelectronics Innovation Center in Maroussi, Athens - an event that is later distinguished as a "best practice" within the framework of the O.P. "Competitiveness" of the Hellenic Minsitry of Development.
November: Joint event under the theme "Microelectronics and Embedded Systems" with the cooperation of the Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece.
December: European Excellence Awards: HTCI's Public Relations & Communications programme received the Award in the category "Technology".
December: National ERMIS Awards: HTCI's Public Relations & Communications programme receives the Silver Ermis Award.
January: Disclosure of the new branding Identity: Corallia "from Vision into Reality, from HTCI to Corallia".
March: Joint event under the theme "Microelectronics and Embedded Systems" with the cooperation of the University of Patras, Greece.
October: Announcement of the Call for Proposals of the thematic support action titled "Hellenic Technology Clusters in Microelectronics - Phase-2".
October: Participation at the Open Days 2008. Hellenic Ministry of Development in collaboration with DG Regio, the Corallia Clusters Initiative and the Sophia-Antipolis Foundation, organized a special workshop under the theme: "Clusters: a tool for Regional Development in the greater Mediterranean Region", with the aim to identify specific actions towards a new policy initiative that will engage key stakeholders for sustaining growth and competitiveness in the greater Mediterranean Region.
- Ocrober: Corallia participated at the Athens Digital Week event and awarded the most innovative robotics projects presented by students and amateur young scientists.
November: Joint event under the theme "Microelectronics and Embedded Systems" with the cooperation of the NTUA (National Technical University), the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, the University of Piraeus and EKEPHE Dimokritos, in Athens, Greece.
Novembner: The second Career Day takes place at the Microelectronics Innovation Center in Maroussi, Athens.
December: Corallia, as a cluster facilitator, represents Greece at the first EU-Japan Clusters Forum in Yokohama.
January: Corallia hailed as a "Best Practice" by DG Enterprise & Industry, within the framework of the European Charter for Small Enterprises 2008, among 151 cases from all over Europe for 2008, in the category "Strengthening the technological capacity of small enterprises".
February: Within DG REGIO's RegioStars 2009 Awards, Corallia was short-listed among the final classification (finalists) in the category "Research, Technological Development and Innovation".
April: Corallia participated at the Conference "Towards EU-Japan cooperation on regional policies: fostering investment in innovative regions" in Niigata, Japan.
May: Corallia, under the auspecies of the Special Secretary for Competitiveness of the Greek Ministry of Development and the Greek Consulate in San Franscisco, cooperated with the Hellenic Students Association of Stanford University, the Hellenic SIA, TANEO and representatives from the Silicon Valley hellenic business community for the implementation of the "Bridging The Gap Workshop : Entrepreneurship in Greece and Synergies with Silicon Valley".
May: The first conventions of the Programme "Hellenic Technology Clusters in Microelectronics - Phase-2" were signed.
June: Corallia participated at the Congress for clusters co-organised by the General Secretary for Research and Technology and the Special Secretary for Competitiveness.
September: Corallia at the Europe Innova 2009 Congress on Innovation.
November: Corallia participated at a very significant international event on clusters " Competitiveness Clusters: implementing an international strategy".
November: The 3d Career Day at the Microelectronics Innovation Center exceeded all expectations.
- November: Corallia at Tactics Reflexion Group and at InterCluster 2009.
- December: Corallia at the Congress on "Promoting cluster excellence - measuring and benchmarking, cluster performance and quality of cluster organisations".
- January: Corallia participated at the Annual Conference of Proton Europe.
- January: European Alliance of Strategic Significance: MoU between Corallia and the Hungarian Pole Programme Office.
- January: Corallia was reffered as an integral work of the European Cohesion Policy, in the newsletter published by the Directorate General of EU Regions
- February: Corallia participated in the 2nd InnoFORUM Workshop on IPR & Innovation
- March: Corallia took part in the workshop of Tactics Reflection Group in Manchester
- March: The European project Pooling4Clusters started, in which Corallia participates as lead partner of one work package.
- April: Visit of EU Parliamentarians in the μIC
- May: Corallia participated in the 3ο CEO Clubs Forum
- May: V. Makios was awarded with the Gold, Silver and Bronze Philip
- May: V. Makios was awarded with the "Innovation Prize 2010"
- June: Begging of the training programme Business Acceleration Program: 3rd circle - Be Global! in the μIC
- July: Visit of Ukrain Delegation in the μIC
- July: Visit of Minister of Education in μIC, in the framework of the action plan for strengthening research, technological development and innovation
- September: Presentation of the Contest "Η Ελλάδα Καινοτομεί!" in the μIC
- September: Corallia participated in the 75th T.I.F: "Green & Innovative Entrepreneurship”
- September: Corallia was mentioned as best practice in EU.:INVESTING IN OUR REGIONS edition
- September: Corallia’s Roadshows were identified as best practice for enterprises' internationalisation, in the study presented by the European Cluster Alliance entitled «Identifying the main objectives and Activities of Cluster Programmes»
- October: Corallia was recognized as best practice in implementation European Regional Policy projects, in the special edition of the General Directorate of EU Regions
- Οctober: Corallia in collaboration with the University of Central Greece organised, the Networking Day event, in Lamia
- Οctober: Corallia announced the providing of the new service "mi-Cluster News Stream"
- Νοovember: Prof. Vassiliso Makios gives interview on the show ΝΕΟΙ ΦΑΚΕΛΟΙ regarding the development within the crisis
- Νοvember: Corallia organised the "Career Day 2010" at the Microelectronics Innovation Center
- Νοέμβριος: Corallia tοok part in the "6th Competitiveness Cluster Forum", which took place in Sophia Antipolis
- December: Corallia participated in the EU-India dialogue on Innovation Clusters, in New Delhi
- December: Corallia hosted the event KIS100 at the Microelectronics Innovation Center
- December: Corallia in collaboration with HSIA, supported the 17th IEEE ICECS 2010, which took place in Athens
- December: Corallia appeared as an example in the "Greek Innovation Map 2010"
- December: Science, Technology and Industry: Prospects OECD. The Corallia as an example from Greece.
- January: Corallia launches its new teleconference service named "Telepresence"
- February: Visit of French Embassy delegation, in the Athens InnoCenter
- March: First 2011 blood donation day in the Athens InnoCenter
- April: Visit of the Deputy Foreign Minister in the Athens InnoCenter
- April: Visit of the students who participated in the Educational Trip in the Athens InnoCenter
- Απρίλιος: Cluster Open Day in the Athens InnoCenter
- April: The Minister of Development and Competitiveness meets with the entrepreneurs in the Athens InnoCenter
- May: Corallia organised a firts aid seminar , in the framework of the social responsibility actions
- May: Prof. Vassilis Makios in the TV show "Escape"
- May: Visit of Lehigh University students in the Athens InnoCenter
- May: "Networking Day": «Cooperation in research and young scientists’ career prospects of " at the University of Patras
- May: Visit of Eestec students in the Athens InnoCenter
- June: First annual mi-Cluster meeting in the Athens InnoCenter
- June: The Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs organized a Webinar for the mi-Cluster members
- June: The Canadian newspaper "The Globe and Mail referred to Corallia, as a hopeful entrepreneurial example in Greece
- August: Patras InnoHub started its operation
- September: Visit of a German Journalists Delegation in the Athens InnoCenter
- September: Corallia participates in 25th Eurosensors Anniversary in Athens
- October: Greek high tech companies meet Greek marine representatives, in the framework of Corallia’s User Days
- November: Career Day at the Patras InnoHub
- November: Career Day at the Athens InnoCenter
- December: Visit of Commissioner Johannes Hahn in Corallia
- December: Corallia Clusters Initiative is included in the list of the priority projects for Greece
- January: The HellenicAmerican Chamber of Commerce awarded Corallia
- January: Opening of the European Project SEENECO
- February: Corallia organised E-bootcamp in collaboration with Stanford
- March: Corallia organised the event “Development and promotion of entrepreneurship in Western Greece”
- March: "Carpe Diem" with the Professional High Schools of Livadeia and N. Smyrni
- March: Carpe Diem at the Patras InnoHub with the Aristotelio High School of Korinthos
- April: Corallia is the first certified organization for the evaluation of clusters excellence
- May: Internship Day at the Patras InnoHub
- May: Corallia organised the conference under the theme “Achievements in Microelectronics”
- May: Entrepreneurial mission in Tel Aviv
- June: Corallia participated at the events of the “House of Hellenes" in London
- July: The Patras InnoHub acquired its new label!
- July: Corallia will represent Greece at the European Enterprise Promotion Awards
- Semptember: The greek clusters in Euronews: "Greek business clusters together to find strength in numbers"
- Οctober: Networking Day 2012
- Οctober: Corallia in the 3rd European Semiconductor Cluster Forum
- Οctober: Corallia in Europe Innova Conference: Stress test of innovation policy in Europe
- Νovember: Best Gaming Technologies Presentations in the Athens InnoCenter
- Νovember: Eurobank-Corallia team up to boost young entrepreneurship
- Νovember: Corallia partticipates in the development of the European cluster's policy
- December: Cooperation perspectives between Greek and German companies
- December: Korea's Ambassador in Patras InnoHub